Fun News: Music class with Ms. Sarullo is now in room 103! Yup, we have a music room!!!!! Come check it out when you have a chance, I would love to give you a tour.
Dates and Things to Look Forward To:
September 20-5th grade chorus auditions
October 18- 5th grade chorus rehearsals begin
December 2019- Kindergarten Winter Wonderland and Gift Sharing
January 2020- Winter Concert
June 2020- Spring Concert
and Kindergarten Moving Up Day
TBD- 4th Grade Broadway Performance
Speaking parts for Why Can't We Be Friends are below.
Hello, my name is Carlie Wong from class 5-413.
Friendship is defined as a state of mutual trust and support between people. We believe friendship can come in many forms but at the heart of friendship is kindness and harmony. Even if you are not friends with someone you can treat them with kindness and hopefully make a friend along the way.
During our conversation with Ms. Sarullo, some of the reasons we came up with for why we can’t be friends were:
gossip or rumors
status or wealth
association with other people
and where you are from
- Friendship means helping out so we can achieve our goal together.
2. Friendship means a shoulder to cry on when life gets to be a little too much
3. Friendship means being kind and helpful to those around us.
4. A friend is someone who loves you for who you are- all of you- no matter what.
5. Friendship is a special bond with someone that you should never break.
6. A friend is someone you can trust and go to when life is hard.
7. Friendship is like a sheltering tree. Someone you can lean on when things get hard.
8. See!!! There really is no reason why we can’t be friends.