September 12, 2019
Since the ban on cell phones in all NYC schools was lifted, schools have been given the liberty to develop cell phone policies that bast reflect the needs of their school community. Based on a list of possible options, our School Leadership Team has created the P.S. 204 Cell Phone Policy.
The PS 204 Cell Phone Policy is as follows:
- All cell phones that enter the school building must be turned off and must stay off throughout the duration of the school day.
- Cell phones must remain in a student's school bag for the entire school day. At no point during the school day is a cell phone to be removed from a school bag.
- If a cell phone is removed from a student's school bag at any point during the school day, it will be confiscated and returned only to the student's parent/guardian following a parent/ guardian meeting.
- No other electronic device is permitted in the school building.
- Cell phones are not permitted on trips.
- Students who use cell phones in violation of the DOE's Discipline Code, the PS 204 Cell Phone Policy, Chancellor's Regualtion A-413, and/or the DOE's Internet Acceptable Use and Safety Policy will be subject to discipline in accordance with the guidance interventions and disciplinary responses set forth in the Discipline Code.
Thank you for your support and cooperation with our new policy. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our new policy, please call (718) 236-2906.
Please return this tear-off to your child's teacher.
I have read the PS 204 Cell Phone Policy. I understand that if my child brings his/her cell phone to school, it must remain turned off and in the school bag for the entire school day. Any cell phone that is removed from a school bag will be confiscated and returned only to a parent/ guardian.
Date:_____________________________ Class: ________________
Child's Signature: ______________________________________________
Parent's Signature: _____________________________________________